Arabology' is a weekly radio program hosted by Dr. Ramzi Salti, Lecturer in Arabic at Stanford University, which aims at showcasing various cultural productions from the Arab world and (mostly alternative) Arabic music, along with commentary in English. The show also features interviews (in English) with individuals whose work is related to the region. 'Arabology' airs live on Thursdays 3-5 pm (PST) on KZSU Stanford 90.1 FM and streams at http://kzsulive.stanford.edu
All Arabology Podcasts available at http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/series/Arabology
Dr. Salti's 'Arabology' Blog is at http://author32.blogspot.com.
Please 'Like' the Arabology Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/arabology
To download this Podcast (either partial or full), scroll down to the red arrows on the bottom right of this page then click on your choice to listen--or right-click to download/save to your computer.
The Feb 14, 2013 edition of 'Arabology' features a multi-lingual interview (in English, French, Spanish, Arabic) with Dr. Touria Boumehdi Tomasi, Lecturer in Arabic at Stanford, who discusses her new book and gives us fascinating facts about Andalusian Spain.
Playlist for Arabology Thur, 14 Feb 2013 3-5pm DJ: Ramzi S. (Artist/ Track/ Album/ Label)
1. Magida El Roumi/ Bas Ellak Habibi/ Ghazal/ V. Production
2. Darine Hamze/ Ahwak/ Beirut Hotel/ Lfp Les Films Pelléas
3. Mashrou' Leila/ Ma titrikni heyk (Ne me quitte pas)/ Single/ Paleo
4. Jadal/ Fe Nabd Ana Has/ El Makina/ Mahmoud Radaideh
**5. Interview with Dr. Touria Boumehdi/ Part 1/ Arabology/ KZSU
6. Ibn Báya/ IV Mízan Dary/ Núßa al-Máya/ Música Andalusi
**7. Interview with Dr. Touria Boumehdi/ Part 2/ Arabology/ KZSU
8. Asmahan/ Ya Habibi Taala/ Asmahan Vol.1/ Musical Ark
**9. Interview with Dr. Touria Boumehdi/ Part 3/ Arabology/ KZSU
10. MuhammadAbd al-Wahhab/ Al Gondol/ Immortal songs by the great musician Mohammmad Abdel Wahhab/ Awhman
**11. Interview with Dr. Touria Boumehdi/ Part 4/ Arabology/ KZSU
12. Arthur Grumlaux, Istvan Hajdu Gounod/ Ave Maria/ Les Grands Bis Du Violon/ Arthur Grumiaux
**13. Interview with Dr. Touria Boumehdi/Part 5/ Arabology/ KZSU
14. Dal'ouna/ Et Nous, Nous Aimons La Vie/ Rough Guide Arabic Revolution/ World Music Network