This forum brought together many (if not most) progressives in the Cambridge area to share views and questions on what's really going on regarding Ukraine. Here is UJP's official blurb:
President Obama in his April visit to Japan commented, "Mr. Putin has had an increasing tendency to see the world through a Cold War prism." But there are many questions:
• is the US/NATO push into Eastern Europe after the collapse of the Soviet Union the real source of tension with Russia?
• Did the US government spend five billion dollars for democracy or regime change?
• Who are the fascists in the new Kiev government?
• Will sanctions isolate Russia?
• What is behind the conflict in Odessa and Eastern Ukraine and will it lead to civil war?
How should the peace movement respond to rising tensions between the two biggest nuclear powers and the US shift towards covert war? The UJP forum will [and did] examine these issues and possible action items.
We recorded this forum for possible airing on Truth and Justice Radio. However, we were surprised and frustrated that an important aspect of this so-called crisis was not examined. Specifically, the criminals who are running the US government, along with their corporate cronies, are salivating at yet another opportunity to make war. Bombs, drones, weapons buildups, corporate profits. Never mind the people, never mind the climate, never mind the truth.
Anyway, you can hear much more about this gigantic threat to civilization itself - and equip yourself to GET INVOLVED - if you listen to Truth and Justice Radio, Sundays 6-10am on WZBC 90.3FM (Boston area), online at wzbc.org, and archived for two weeks at wzbc.org. For current and all past playlists: truthandjusticeradio.org.