Arabology' is a weekly radio program hosted by Dr. Ramzi Salti, Lecturer in Arabic at Stanford University, which aims at showcasing various cultural productions from the Arab world and (mostly alternative) Arabic music, along with commentary in English. The show also features interviews (in English) with individuals whose work is related to the region. 'Arabology' airs live on Thursdays 3-5 pm (PST) on KZSU Stanford 90.1 FM and streams at http://kzsulive.stanford.edu
All Arabology Podcasts available at http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/series/Arabology
Dr. Salti's 'Arabology' Blog is at http://author32.blogspot.com.
Please 'Like' the Arabology Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/arabology
To download this Podcast, scroll down to the red arrows on the bottom right of this page then click on it to listen--or right-click to download/save to your computer.
The March 7, 2013 episode of 'Arabology' features an interview with Alexander Key, Assistant Professor of Arabic and Comparative Literature at Stanford, who discusses Arabic poetry (in English) while eloquently reciting poems by Al-Mutanabi and Amal Donkol in Arabic. Also includes interview with Weyam Ghadbian, the Cultural Program Director at the Arab Cultural and Community Center in San Francisco, who discusses the 6th Annual Bay Area Arab Women's Conference which is taking place on March 16, 2013. Plus music by Said Mrad, Aly Talibab, Kamel Badarneh, Rim Banna, Aswat, Ramy Essam, Elizabeth Ayoub and the Lebanese band Doors To Aspiration (DTA).
*Playlist for Arabology Thurs, 7 March 2013 3-5pm DJ: Ramzi S. (Artist/Track/Album/Label)
1. Said Mrad/ Al Mutanabi/ 1001 Night Society/ Take 5 Music
*2. Interview with Alexander Key/ Part 1/ Arabology/ KZSU
3. Aly Talibab/ Al-Kamal/ Single/ AT
*4. Interview with Alexander Key/ Part 2/ Arabology/ KZSU
5. Kamel Badarneh/ Ain fil Sama [Eye in the Sky Mixed]/ Single/ Badarneh
6. Rim Banna/ The Absent One/ Revelation Of Ecstasy And Rebellion/ Kirkelig Kulturverksted
**7. Interview with Weyam Ghadbian/ Part 1/ Arabology/ KZSU
8. Aswat/ Tayr Al-Wirwar/ Classical And Folkloric Arabic Music/ Self Release
**9. Interview with Weyam Ghadbian/ Part 2/ Arabology/ KZSU
10. Ramy Essam / Taty Taty/ Rough Guide Arabic Revolution/ World Music Network
11. Elizabeth Ayoub/ Leish/ Prelude/ Independent
12. Doors To Aspiration/ Running free in Lebanon/ Hard Rock Rising/ DTA